Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Weight of it all...

Confession time. I’ve never been comfortable with my weight. I know it is something that many women struggle with, but even when I was smaller, I was uncomfortable with myself. After I got pregnant, my focus had to change from losing weight to not losing/gaining. It has been the hardest thing about this pregnancy so far. The funny thing is, I’m easily eating 300-400 more calories than I was, but I have yet to gain any weight. In fact, so far, I’ve lost 8 pounds and I still haven’t gained those back. I’ll admit I was a little overweight to start and apparently my body can function and grow a baby without the extra weight, but I don’t want to hurt the baby. I’m eating foods that are super healthy and I’m skipping out on things that are not. (Though I did have a few bites of ice cream last night but that’s loaded with calcium, right?) When I want a little chocolate, I have ONE kiss or miniature chocolate bar. Literally, one. At my 19 week ultrasound, the baby was measuring a little ahead, so I know he’s getting what he needs. Because the baby is okay, and I’m not gaining weight like I thought I was going to, I’m going to try harder not to focus on weight. It is just not the best frame of mind for me. Instead, I’m focusing on eating what my baby needs and developing better eating habits for after the baby comes. If I can get the eating better part down, the (currently non-existent) baby weight shouldn’t be a burden or too much of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment